Christmas

December is very festive, here are my favorite projects we do every year. We talk about new things that broaden their vocabularies like, wreaths, antlers, what snow is made of, etc.
On the years we get some good snow we build our own snowmen outside, but this is fun even without snow.
I pre-cut the snowman parts, printed a photo of a preschooler face just off my computer I uploaded from my phone, and the snow can be a few different things. White glitter, or this product called True Snow or glitter snow I found on Amazon.It has a glittered, frosting texture that is fun to spread with a stick.
We read the story below before we make them. Really funny book about what the snowmen play at night so the kids get excited about pretending to be one. There is an entire collection of them.


We play Pin The Nose on Rudolph

And we dress up like Rudolph....
These are paper hats with a little dot of washable red paint. Its the best thing I've tried that stays on long enough for photo. This inspires reindeer games and pulling Santa's Sleigh (wagon) around the yard.
The trick to preschooler gingerbread houses is lots of frosting and a juice box to stick the crackers to. First 'glue' the juice box to the plate.

Wreaths can be made out of many things but this is my simple favorite:
I pre-cut the circles and leaves and then cut the middle out of a paper plate. I've also done red pom poms for the berries, although they take longer to dry or they will fall off. The challenge is to cover the entire plate and not let any white show.